Prostate problems are specific to men. Cancer of the prostate is the 2nd leading cause of death of men. Each male has a 13% chance of getting prostate cancer. Prostate cancer is a slow growing cancer and therefore good nutrition and supplementation is very effective in prevention. Prostate problem symptoms include: pain or burning feeling when urinating, frequent urination, blood in urine, decrease in flow of urine, lower back pain, pelvic pain. The rate of prostate cancer in the United States in rising and it is increasing in younger men. African American men have the greatest risk of developing prostate problems. However, prostate problems are normally identified after the problem is already major. That is why preventative measure are so important.
GOOD SUPPLEMENTS TO TRY
|Nutrient / Supplement||Importance
( 1 - 10 )
|Pygeum||10||is an herb from Africa that has been shown very effective against Prostate problems and it works well with the herb Saw Palmetto in an herbal blend. Some Male Herbal formulas have both as well as many other to help balance male body chemistry. Pygeum may actually prevent prostate cancer.|
|Saw Palmetto||9||herb that is especially beneficial to men's health and it helps prevent prostate problems.|
|Selenium||8||powerful free radical scavenger and also aides in protein digestion. Normally found in a good quality mineral multi-vitamin supplement.|
|Beta Carotene||8||powerful anti-oxidant that helps destroy free radicals. Make sure that your beta carotene supplement comes from natural fruits and vegetable sources. Men often are not eating enough fruits and vegetables which adds to their risk of prostate enlargement or cancer.|
|vitamin E||8||vitamin E is a powerful healing agent and also enhances sexual health|
|vitamin A||8||powerful antioxidant that kills free radicals|
|Carotenoids||8||work with vitamin A (see Mega Juice below)|
|L-carnitine||7||protects against free radical damage and toxins in the body and often in combination with omega fatty acids that work well for people suffering from prostate problems.|
|Methionine||7||is an amino acid which acts as a detoxifier to help protect the liver and other organs of the body.|
|Zinc||7||men need the mineral zinc for healthy sexual and reproductive systems|
|Multi-vitamin & Mineral supplement||8||contains vitamin E, vitamin C, zinc, copper, manganese, selenium which all are helpful for enlargement of the prostate or prostate cancer. These nutrients are also required for general good health and well being.|
|Garlic||7||garlic has been shown to benefit to those with prostate problems..|
OTHER CHANGES TO MAKE
- drink 6-8 glasses (1 gallon) of steam distilled water a
- diet and nutrition are important for both healing and prevention
- eat lots of raw fruits and vegetables
- juice is good (make your own with a juice machine)
- whole grains are good to eat, raw nuts, and brown rice
- do not drink coffee, soda pop, other junk food drinks
- do not eat processed foods white sugar, white flour, etc...
- eat less dairy products like milk and related products
- use stress relief like going for walks with someone you like -or- listen to calming music
- control anger ... it can be a BIG problem for people with cancer and maybe even a root cause
- do not smoke and avoid second hand smoke
- onions and garlic are great against cancer
- the lycopenes in tomatoes are good to eat
- fasting a few days a month can be helpful
Disclaimer: This information is intended as a guide only. This information is offered to you with the understanding that it not be interpreted as medical or professional advice. All medical information needs to be carefully reviewed with your health care provider.
T. J. Clark Products - Liquid Vitamins & Minerals, Colloidal Minerals & Specialty Dietary Health Supplements.
Valeriia.com - Mineral Cosmetic for women, men and children.